We all have something that we struggle with. One of my biggest struggles is anxiety or stress. Somehow I manage to make the minutest details seem catastrophic. So in order to avoid this I try to plan as far in advance as possible. While talking with my friend Brooke about this, she recommended a book called “Calm my Anxious Heart” by Linda Dillow. This book has not only caused me to go through half of my new pink highlighter, but it has also caused me to think about many things.
So far, one of the things that Dillow pointed out that has stood out the most is her “prescription for contentment.” These are things I am going to start working harder at.
Linda Dillow’s prescription for contentment:
- Never allow yourself to complain about anything- not even the weather.
- Never picture yourself in any other circumstances or someplace else.
- Never compare your lot with another’s.
- Never allow yourself to wish this or that had been otherwise.
- Never dwell on tomorrow- remember that [tomorrow] is God’s, not ours.