Who doesn’t love enjoy a tasty treat for the holidays? Especially when that tasty treat is guilt free… Okay, guilt free may be a stretch. But I use about double the amount of fruit required in the recipe below, so that almost makes up for it- right? I recommend using either a circular bowl or a shallow rectangular bowl. Whichever is easiest.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 quarts strawberries, halved, divided
- 2 quarts blueberries
- 2 quarts raspberries
(You could substitute a layer of cream for vanilla ice cream if you would like. If you are in a real time crunch you can just use cool whip, although I suggest making it)
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and extracts until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Place a third of the mixture in a 4-qt. bowl. Reserve 20 strawberry halves and 1/2 cup blueberries for garnish.
- Layer half of the remaining strawberries and blueberries over cream mixture. Top with another third of the cream mixture and the remaining berries. Spread the remaining cream mixture on top. Use the reserved strawberries and blueberries to make a “flag” on top.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 168 calories
Do you have any holiday favorites? I’d love any suggestions!